02 July 2006

How are capital punishment, Old Yeller, and Pippi Longstockings linked?

For those of you that saw my briefly posted Old Yeller blog the other day, I’m sorry. On review of that piece I decided to pull it because it was crappy. For those of you that didn’t see it, the piece was allegorical in nature. I had written about an alternate ending to Old Yeller that was to express my views on capital punishment. In the wake of Paul Reid’s stay of execution, I felt I had to write something. It was my civil duty.

As most of my thoughts go it was half clever thought that just didn’t fly.

Instead of trying to rewrite the piece, I’ve decided to eat ice cream and hug every stuffed animal in sight. I might even try to watch Pippi Longstockings.

Holy crap!! This is beginning to scare me. In looking up the link for Pippi Longstockings, I have found something dark and dank. There are a number of Pippi Long stockings movies and DVD’s out there.

Pippi Longstockings - Pippi Goes To The Fair/Pippi enters a Horse Show/Pippi takes a Train Ride/Pippi enters a Flower Show

Pippi Longstocking: Pippi in the South Seas

Pippi Longstocking: Pippi on the Run

The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking

Pippi Longstocking -The TV Series

The plethora of Pippi does much more psychological damage to me than the staying of Paul Reid’s execution. At least Reid is locked away in prison, but Pippi is available to the world. Go figure.

No comments: