20 November 2005

Everyday Conspiracies

     Anyone that knows me has realized that I’m somewhat of a conspiracy monger.  My mind works in polar opposite to Occam’s Razor.  Take for example the recent civil unrest and looting after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.  The simplest solution to why these events were happening is that during desperate times and in lawless conditions, people act in uncharacteristic ways.  My mind automatically blossomed to an outside influence having a hand in the events that transpired.  Someone was trying to keep the Federal Government and aide workers out of NOLA after the storm.  (I’ll do an article on this at some point.  The examples of shootouts with National Guard Units that lasted for hours on end denote organization from the aggressors.  Street punks do not last long when facing disciplined soldiers.)  Given the amount of cash, negotiable securities, precious gems and metals, data, and narcotics alone that was left in the city is staggering.  There had to be someone scooping up the loot.  The longer lawlessness held sway, the more loot the professionals had to grab.  To make a long story short, this is how my mind meanders from problems to solutions.
     Since I have gotten off into the briar patch, I thought it would be fun to have a monthly topic on the blog.  A topic where the 5 or 6 people that read this blog could contribute.  It might be fun, but here goes….  I think the topic until the end of the year should be everyday conspiracies.  We all are dragged into a quagmire of espionage and intrigue everyday if we realize it or not.  Within our work, family or social groups plots are hatched, schemes evolve and intelligence is gathered.  Our everyday world is permeated with cabals of our own making.  
     Here are the rules.  I’ve opened up the comment section to the blog for anyone to post.  Since it’s my blog, I reserve the right to delete any comments I feel inappropriate or rats me out on some conspiracy I’ve been a part of.  Please remember that should anything you have to say begins with, “I think the statue of limitations has run out on this so…” you might want to keep that one to yourself.  And finally, since a good conspiracy should always remain secret, don’t rat yourself out.  Be discreet and stay cool Daddy-O.  It will be interesting to see what anyone out there listening has to say.  \

No comments: